View the Balance Disorder Spectrum
Click the image to view the Spectrum
How to use the Spectrum
An earlier version of the spectrum, using a grid layout and rainbow colours, may be viewed here.
- Click or tap on any disorder to see more detailed information in the central ring.
- The disorders are grouped by symptoms, frequency, and location in the body.
- Symptoms are shown by colours: blue = vertigo; yellow = dysequilibrium; orange = lightheadedness.
- Frequency is shown by distance from the centre: inner ring = rare; outer ring = common.
- Location is shown in the black circle: inner ear; central nervous system; cardiovascular; other.
- The reference menu below summarizes all this: